“The true India resides in its villages.”
It is these villages, with their myriad cultures and way of life, that truly epitomise the diversity that India has come to be known for, across the world.
But how often do you come across a hamlet nestled deep in a forest, where none of the inhabitants wear footwear, even while venturing out in public spaces?
No, we are not kidding.
Vellagavi, a quaint little hamlet, with a sparse population of 150, exists in relative obscurity in comparison to its extremely famous neighbour, Kodaikanal.
Located amidst the undulating forested terrains of Western Ghats, there are no roads in this hamlet, and the number of temples far exceeds the number of houses! Perhaps, that is the reason why the inhabitants of Vellagavi refuse to wear any footwear, in reverence to the local gods, who cohabit the area with their devotees.
Fascinating, isn’t it? Join us this MAR’2020
📍WHERE : Kodaikanal,Tamilnadu
⌛DURATION : 3 days (Start on Thursday and back by Monday)
📌GRADE : Medium | GROUP SIZE : 12
🌡TEMPERATURE : 18 Degree’s
🏃♂ DISTANCE: 6+6 KMS
● Reach Madurai @ 9 AM and Freshen up
● Start to Kodaikanal and Reach Base village then Start Trek
● Trek via Dolphin nose,Echo Rock and Reach Vellagavi by evening
● Village walk and Camping
●06:00 – Wakeup & Freshen up and Small hike to see sunrise.
●07:00 – Have Breakfast and Start Trek.
●11.00 – Visit Kodaikanal till evening.
●18.00 – Reach Home stay and Rest for the day.
●20.00 – Dinner and Rest.
●06.00 : Wake Up call and
●08.00 : Breakfast and Visit remaining places
●11.00 : Start back to Madhurai.
● 15.00 : Catch our bus to Hyderabad.
9 AM : Reach HYD
CANCELLATIONS & REFUND POLICY :
●INITIAL AMOUNT IS NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE
●72 Hours Before :If we find replacement refund (25% will be deducted ) No Refund if there is No replacement in any case and replacement is not club’s responsibility.
●72 Hours -0 Hours : No Refund (No matter whether its replaced or not)
●Refunds will be processed excluding convenience fee (payment gateway charges )
● Refunds will be processed in 4 working days after the event
THINGS TO CARRY :
● Any Govt Approved ID Card
● 2 liters water bottles
● 02 Pairs Track Pants & t Shirts (Quick Dry)
● 01 Bed Sheets/Sleeping Bag
● Camera (Optional)
● ORS or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
● Snacks : Energy Bars/Chikki’s
● Extra Pair of Clothes
● Clean napkin or small towel
● Winter wear
● Cap, sunglasses, scarf
● Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
● Please carry medicines if you need any
● Toiletries & Torch with extra batteries (compulsory)
● Trash covers (To bring your trash back)
🚆 TICKETS BOOKING CLAUSE 🚆 :
Book your slots before 45 days to the event commencing date to get a chance to travel by sleeping Berth. Most of the time we do have availability to the sleeping berths but we Often tend to travel in RAC because of the demand in Indian Railways. Please Check with the Organiser of the event OR dial the number mentioned in this description to know the status.
THINGS TO REMEMBER :
● Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited during the rafting day. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
● Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers, etc.). We commit to keeping our events pollute free.
● The organizer has a right to cancel the participant slot.
● Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
● Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
● Participants will be notified prior to when the itinerary is modified/ event get canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
● If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
● Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
● Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow Participants
● Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
● No refund will be provided if the participant doesn’t show up on the day of the event.
AGE CRITERIA :
Minimum age: 18 years
Maximum age: There is no maximum age limit. You need to be reasonably fit to participate.