Matheran (The most unpolluted Hill-Station of Maharastra)
Matheran at 800 m (2,625 ft)is a popular hill station, accessible by road and train. It was discovered by Hugh Malet in 1850 and is around 100 km from Mumbai. Matheran is a protected forest area where only emergency vehicles are allowed inside its limits. Main mode of transport is hand-pulled rickshaws and horses. British-style architecture has been preserved in Matheran and most structures are now heritage structures. Matheran has been declared an eco-sensitive region by the Union Environment Ministry (GoI) and is home to diverse flora and fauna. There are also several rare species like the Nilgiri Wood Pigeon, White-Rumped Shama, Brown Wood Owl, South Indian Tree Shrew, and The Giant Squirrel.
Vehicals banned in Matheran,Only means of transport is Tonga’s and Horses
How does it feel to reach a covered land with no vehicle around, paths carved out of red soil, thick forest and horses to move around?
𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 : Matheran, Maharashtra.
𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐘 : Trekking & Leisure
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄 : Easy ,FIRST TIMERS WELCOME !
𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 : 2 days (We will start on Friday and back by Monday )
● Catch Mumbai Exp from the following boarding points
NAMPALLY @ 20.40 | BEGUMPET @ 20.50 | LINGAMPALLI @ 21.10
11 am: Reach Karjat
12.00 : Start to Neral Station
Neral to Dasturi Naka i.e, entrance of Materan
1.00 : Reach Dasturi Naka, Start trek towards our Booked Hotel.
2.00 : Check in to Hotel & Freshen up
2.30 : Reach Market place and have lunch.
3.30 : Start trek to Charlotte Lake, Echo Point, Lousia Point…
6.00 : Return back to our Hotel & Freshen up
7.00 : Reach Market place and start shopping
8.00 : Reach Hotel and Dinner.
5.00 : Wakeup call
5.30 : Cover any of the places which we may not have covered the previous days
8.00 : Have break fast and trek some other view points.
10.00 : Check out Hotel.
14.20 : Catch train to Hyderabad.
● 06:00 AM : Reach Hyderabad
CANCELLATIONS & REFUND POLICY :
●INITIAL PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE
●72 Hours Before :If we find replacement refund (25% will be deducted ) No Refund if there is No replacement in any case and replacement is not club’s responsibility.
●48 Hours -0 Hours : No Refund (No matter whether its replaced or not)
●All Refunds will be issued on 1st Thursday post event date.
THINGS TO CARRY :
● Any Govt Approved ID Card
● 2 liters water bottles
● 02 Pairs Track Pants & t Shirts (Quick Dry)
● 01 Bed Sheets/Sleeping Bag
● Camera (Optional)
● ORS or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
● Snacks : Energy Bars/Chikki’s
● Extra Pair of Clothes
● Clean napkin or small towel
● Winter wear
● Cap, sunglasses, scarf
● Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
● Please carry medicines if you need any
● Toiletries & Torch with extra batteries (compulsory)
● Trash covers (To bring your trash back)
TICKETS BOOKING CLAUSE :
Book your slots before 45 days to the event commencing date to get a chance to travel by sleeping Berth. Most of the time we do have availability to the sleeping berths but we Often tend to travel in RAC because of the demand in Indian Railways. Please Check with the Organiser of the event OR dial the number mentioned in this description to know the status.
THINGS TO REMEMBER :
● Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited during the rafting day. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
● Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers, etc.). We commit to keeping our events pollute free.
● The organizer has a right to cancel the participant slot.
● Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
● Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
● Participants will be notified prior to when the itinerary is modified/ event get canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
● If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
● Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
● Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow Participants
● Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
● No refund will be provided if the participant doesn’t show up on the day of the event.
AGE CRITERIA :
Minimum age: 18 years
Maximum age: There is no maximum age limit. You need to be reasonably fit to participate.