Terms and Conditions
Please read these carefully as they set out your rights and obligations before, during and after the event. The following booking conditions stand as the basis of your contract with Hyderabad Trekking Company. (“we”, “us”, HTC and “our”). By confirming your booking, you agree that you had the opportunity to read and have read these terms and conditions, agree to them in full.
These booking conditions apply to all trip arrangements made by us which we agree to provide or perform through our listed inclusions and exclusions for every event as part of our contract with you. All references in these conditions to “trip”, “trek”, “booking”, “event” or “arrangements” mean such trip arrangements for the trip on the booked dates unless otherwise stated. References to “departure” and “arrival” mean the start date/time and end date/time of these arrangement. The term “organizer”, “lead”, “captain” refers to the person leading/managing the trip officially on behalf of Hyderabad Trekking Company. within the timeframe of the event.
Booking your trip and payment details
1. To make a booking please follow the procedure shown on our website or call us. The relevant prerequisites such as the required information, doctor check-ups and information must be completed by each person travelling. If you are under 18 at the time of booking, a parent/guardian must accompany you during the trip.
Your booking will be treated as a firm and a contract between us will come into existence as soon as we receive your deposit and confirm your slot/event. Please go through our inclusions and exclusions to know of promised arrangements. These inclusions and exclusions are either available on the webpage or sent to you electronically. Based on the success of carrying out the itinerary (check relevant section for details) all the promised arrangements will be made to you during the event. Our payment screenshot acts as a receipt for all payments made and our invoice. In case you need a detailed invoice or GST benefits, kindly get in touch with our team after the event. Where we have not confirmed availability of slot or arrangements, your booking will be treated as tentative and may or may not be confirmed. Where you book through our website without prior confirmation of availability, any electronic acknowledgement of your booking is not a confirmation of it. Please check your invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the invoice or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete. It is your responsibility to get your slot confirmed after the payment is made.
2. A refundable/non-refundable deposit is often required to reserve slots. In such cases, the full payment must be received as per the dates listed or your slot goes void. You can request grace time by speaking to any of our representatives but during the grace time your slot will be considered tentative and may or may not be confirmed later. The payment for private events will be as agreed upon social media such as WhatsApp.
If for any reason, the balance (including any surcharge where applicable) is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you. If we do not cancel straight away because you have promised to make a payment, you must pay the cancellation charges up to 100% listed below depending on the date we reasonably treat your booking as cancelled and the conditions listed for the particular event.
3. The price quoted for any trip covers the cost of the planning, the organisation and carrying out of the trip, including group equipment, supplies, accommodation, administration and staff, and many aspects that are unique to each trip. You are responsible for vaccination fees, travel insurance, cost of travel to and from the start/return point of your trip including your flights if required, cost of passport and visas, personal equipment and personal expenses while on the trip and any other expenses specifically excluded on the trip description and/or invoice.
We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in quoted prices at any time before your trip is confirmed. We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking.
Once the price of your chosen trip has been confirmed at the time of booking, then subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price in the event of any change in our transportation costs or in dues, emergency situations, taxes or fees or in the exchange rates which have been used to calculate the cost of your trip. The cost of the trip may change during the course of the trip in cases of medical emergencies, critical conditions, natural calamities, delays in an event, event organizer’s decisions and any unforeseen conditions.
A surcharge may be payable in cases of change of cost after payment confirmation due to unforeseen conditions. Even in the above cases, only if the amount of any increase in our costs exceeds 2% of the total cost of your trip will we levy a surcharge. If any surcharge is greater than 10% of the cost of your trip, you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all money received from you excluding transaction costs or alternatively purchase another trip from us as referred to in the refunds section below. Any surcharge must be paid as conveyed/indicated or your entire trip may stand to be cancelled. A refund will only be payable if the decrease in our costs exceeds 10% of the total cost of your trip as set out above. Where a refund is due, we will pay you the full amount of the decrease in our costs. We promise not to levy a surcharge within 24 hours of departure and no refund will be payable during this period either.
4. Travel insurance: It is essential that you have adequate and appropriate cover for your trip including any adventurous activities such as trekking at altitude. Note that the majority of our trips do not require the use of climbing ropes and are all supervised. It is important to have adequate insurance which will cover cancellation costs from the date of booking as well as medical expenses (including evacuation and repatriation). Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on your trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.
5. Health: Unless conveyed to us personally by a phone conversation, you are taken to confirm at the time of booking that you are in good health, physically capable of undertaking all aspects of the trip, and unaware of any reason why you may be unsuited to taking part or maybe likely to suffer illness or injury during the trip, taking into account its challenges and purposes. If you are unable to give this confirmation for any reason or have any medical condition or disability which may affect your trip, you are responsible for any condition that may arise and the organizer’s decisions before, during or after the trip will not be reviewed or judged upon. You must contact us before you choose the event/pay so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the trip for you. You are solely responsible for your choice of the trip irrespective of the guidance provided.
If any information is given in the application form or medical questionnaire is shown to be materially incorrect or incomplete, we reserve the right to cancel your booking or terminate your participation in the trip, depending on when we become aware of the true position. Check cancellation charges for further details.
6. Special requests: Please advise us of any special requests prior to making your booking. Where possible, we will endeavour to meet or arrange for our suppliers to meet any such request. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
7. You must sign and submit the declaration that relieves the trip’s lead/organizer and Hyderabad Trekking Company. from all responsibility of your health and safety. Any accidents during the event, including transport, will be considered an unforeseen event/accident and no blame/responsibility of it will be transferred to fellow travellers or organizer or HTC Adventures Pvt. Ltd. You must understand that the organizer’s word is final and his decisions are taken based on his experience and judgement which are unquestionable at the trip or after the trip. You agree to trust and follow every decision of the organizer and will be responsible for your safety during the event. It is your responsibility to maintain discipline, courteousness and decency during the event. Any non-adherence to the rules and the non-maintenance of civility will be treated as per the severity of it including but not limited to immediate debarment from the trip or handover to concerned public authorities such as the police.
8. In case of grievances about the trip during or after the event, you agree to sort with us first with at least 24 hours to address your issue before any further action is taken from you. Your grievances must be mailed or conveyed personally by phone or in-person to us. Any minor grievances will be addressed by the organizer during or after the event.